Monday, May 20, 2013

Week 1

Well, I think I may have left the wrong e-mail address with you, since I haven't gotten anything, but maybe you just haven't sent anything, I'm not sure. Sorry if I did give you the wrong one! I hope you are going to receive this e-mail. Everything is going good. I do have a question, though. What do you want me to do with my old tennis shoes you sent me?

Oh, thanks for the cookies. But don't send me donuts, since I don't want to be too fat. I'm still really bad at Chinese, but I've run into lots of friends here. Every day feels really long here. Monday is my P day, as you probably guessed. And you said in that package that you thought I'd e-mail you that day, and it is true that I could have, but they said that was so our parents knew we got to the MTC safely, and I'm sure you already knew that. Anyway, I don't have much else to say, since I don't know if you'll even get this. If you ever want to communicate with me, Dear Elder is the best option, by the way.

Oh, and by the way, Elder Humphries isn't in my district. My district is kind of all the random Mandarin missions. Singapore, Paris, Montreal, New York South, Brisbane, London, Lyon, and Toronto, I think. My companion is Elder Sutherland from Mapleton. His family breeds pythons and boas.

And our branch is entirely in Mandarin, so we have to give talks in Mandarin, sacrament prayers, etc. Luckily, in July, our branch will be over 150 people (right now it's 72, last week it was 36). We are teaching an investigator right now, and our lessons are pretty bad since we can't understand very much Chinese, or speak it.

I think I'm allowed to call you guys when I fly to Singapore, but you'll be at Hill Cumorah at the time, so it doesn't really matter anyway.

Guess what? I joined the MTC choir. It's probably the funnest thing I've done so far. Except maybe shower cleaning (no sarcasm).

-Elder Earl

No comments:

Post a Comment