Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Week 18

This week was the best week of the week! (What?!) We have no new investigators, but we did bring an awesome referral with us to church. He's a very busy businessman, so he won't be back in Kuala Lumpur for a while, but when he returns, we're excited to see how he accepts the gospel. We were able to meet many interesting people this week. One of them knew a lot about our church already, but wouldn't accept a Book of Mormon. Another, the lady who randomly asked Elder Chong if he was Japanese a while back, we ran into again and she mostly just told me why I shouldn't read the Book of Mormon. Interestingly enough though, she did say something about how I should ask God for myself if it is true, and then act on my answer. I told her that there was a scripture in the Book of Mormon about that, and the reason I was serving a mission is because I had that answer. She still didn't accept. One thing I neglected to mention in my last letter was a highlight of my mission thus far. Two weeks ago, we got to get our feet eaten by fish! It was a great experience, but it's difficult to keep your feet in the water because when like 30 fish are all biting your feet, it is incredibly ticklish. Though I haven't really noticed while it has been happening, I think my Chinese has improved quite a bit over the last several weeks. Having a native companion is great! I hope I'm helping his English, too, but he already speaks many languages pretty well. It's cool how so many Chinese people here speak Mandarin, Cantonese, English, Malay, and Hakkan, sometimes even Fujianhua(?). I never really knew until I got here how different Mandarin and Cantonese sound. I drank soy milk this week, which was not the best beverage in the world. Soy pudding, though, isn't bad. Well, have a good week everybody. Study the Book of Mormon carefully, and it will bless every aspect of your lives! Love, Elder Earl

No comments:

Post a Comment