Sunday, July 6, 2014

Week 41

The big news of the week is transfers! So...I'm staying! I get to be in Sibu for 6 months at least. My son, unfortunately, is going. He gets a taste of West Malaysia in Sitiawan, Elder Chong's hometown. But, my new companion will be a good one. His name is Elder Broadhead, and he's a really fun elder. I lived with him in Singapore three weeks, and I'm confident this next transfer will be really good. In other news: Elder Scott (who I've lived with over six months now), is going to Kuching, and Elders Sessions and Wilson are staying (we will be nearly that long together by the end of this transfer). Our zone leaders are the same, and one of them will have been in Sibu since July. Wow. This week saw some really awesome miracles, and a few disappointments. Our investigators are not on track for baptism anymore. None of them. So that's sad. But the good things are more important! 1. Institute was good again, with two investigators there 2. Elder Hanks slammed into a parked truck the other day and shattered its tail light. However, the guy who owned it walked up, and told him it was fine and not to worry about it. We were still on time for our next appointment. 3. We met a Chinese investigator in Sibu Jaya on Thursday, and on Saturday morning, I called her to follow up and in those two days she has read all the way to 2 Nephi. She's cool. 4. We got to teach English. It was fun. 5. Everything is good! I mean, I'm in Sibu. Also, I only had 1 flat tire this week. That's the best of my time here! Haha. Wo ai nimen!

No comments:

Post a Comment